Re: dh_perl

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 01:55:53PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

> Yes, it's very hard to get right and even if you do, mostly, there is
> still the issue of mapping perl modules into debian packages, which
> would be hard for debhelper to do, as it would have to depend on having

  Mapping from a perl module to a Debian package should be trivial,
 I would have thought.

  Given the system upon which dh_perl would be run would have the
 modules installed it should be a simple matter of running
 'dpkg --search path/to/perl/module.pm' - or am I missing something
 obvious?

  I agree that the functionality should be moved to a seperate tool
 though.

Steve
---
www.steve.org.uk