Re: dh_perl

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 10:15:31PM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > I'm using dh_perl to calculate the package dependencies for a perl
> > script in the cupsys-driver-gimpprint package.  I thought this was
> > working, but it's not getting the dependencies right.
>
> dh_perl doesn't (currently) attempt to calculate general module
> dependencies, only core dependencies.

OK, thanks.

I guess that, due to the nature of the perl parser, adding this
functionality would be non-trivial?  Or would finding all instances of
use, require and "use lib" be sufficient?  Even this looks like it
could get complex, rather fast, since you can use variables
(potentially) in other modules) as arguments, but I'm not a Perl guru.

--
Roger Leigh

                GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848 available on public keyservers