Re: How to be a great Debian Developer

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:55, deFreese, Barry wrote:
> Hey I've offer to be a "slave" to Debian but no one seems to be taking me
> seriously.  I'll write man pages, clean up code, test, whatever, I just

One thing you could do is write a script that searches for a man page for
every binary on your system.  /usr/bin and /bin binaries deserve man pages in
section 1, /usr/sbin and /sbin binaries deserve man pages in section 8.  If
you write a Perl script to search for such man pages you will should find
hundreds of them to be missing on a typical system (there's more than a few
missing from my packages).  Then start writing some man pages!

Also publish the script, I'm sure other people would find it useful.