Re: force libc6 >= 2.2 in autossh

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 02:38:47PM +0000, James Troup wrote:
> Filippo Giunchedi <filippo@esaurito.net> writes:
>
> > i got my autossh package sponsored by martin f krafft (thanks!), now
> > Dan Christensen pointed me out [1] that autossh works fine also in
> > testing and I've tried it too. Should I force libc6 >= 2.2.5 and let
> > autossh hit testing?  there is any good reason against this pratice
> > for packages built with libc6 > 2.2.5 in mind?
>
> You can't force the version of libc used on any other architecture
> than the one you build the package for, so trying this will do you no
> good WRT testing.
Sorry but I can't really understand, writing a debian/shlibs.local file
overriding libc6 version is possible and supposed to work. Is it wrong or bad
pratice? I know it isn't the Right Way, I'm only trying to understand what I'm
probably missing.

filippo.
--
Filippo Giunchedi
GNU/PG key id: 1024D/6B79D401

To be learned in an art, &c, the Theory is sufficient; to be a master of it,
both the Theory and pratice are requisite
-- Charles Hutton