Re: Seeking Sponsorship

In article <[🔎] 1042950810.839.89.camel@fuji> bmh@canada.com writes:
>Although I am seeking sponsorship, there is no software that I
>personally would like to package. I am open to suggestions. I have
>significant background in C++ & Perl, but I've little experience with
>packages.
>
>I would like to clean up some of the existing packages.

See http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
Find something that matches your skills, intersts, and time available.

"packages up for adoption" have a possible sponsor attached (the
current maintainer)

"orphaned packages" need maintainers

"requested packages" are things debian users want

> I regularly use
>the the kernel build tools (kernel-package), and I can see some
>improvements that could go in there.  I am also interested in apt &
>deity development.

For things with active maintainers, you can send patches to the
existing bugs.  For new features, file a wishlist bug with patch.
(You should discuss this with the current mainatainer before spending
much effort doing this though.)

[I'm starting the new-maintainer process, and have adopted one of the
packages that was up for adoption.]
--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html