Re: New Maintainer Process latency

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 04:20:10PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>> I think its better to do some work for Debian through a sponsor
>> *before* joining the NM Process.
> If I'm sponsoring someone, I will always recommend very strongly that
> they should join the NM queue; I don't necessarily mind if they aren't
> in it yet, but I think they should apply to be a full-fledged developer
> if they're going to maintain packages. If nothing else, I usually don't
> want to sponsor the package until the end of time.

I dont want that too, but I want to know what he/she can and how he/she
acts (bugreports, ..) before I say that he should join the NM queue.
Personal taste, but i prefer that.
It was my way into Debian (3/4 year maintained a package before NM) and
i like that. :)

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!