Re: debhelper "I have no package to build"

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 10:01:14PM -0400, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> The binary-common rule has lots of dh_* stuff there, including
> dh_compress.  I decided that compressing the HTML files would be a bad
> idea, so I modified it to skip that one package using

the dh_compress man page says:

       By default, dh_compress compresses files that debian pol­
       icy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in
       usr/share/info, usr/share/man, usr/X11R6/man, files in
       usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the
       copyright file, .html files, and files that appear to be
       already compressed based on their extensions), and all
       changelog files.

dh_compress contains the following snippet: (spacing changed)
find usr/doc usr/share/doc -type f \\( -size +4k -or -name "changelog*" \\) \\
\\( -name changelog.html -or ! -iname "*.htm*" \

so i would venture to guess that the .html files are already skipped,
and you need not do anything additional.

-john