Re: Looking for a sponsor for Ppower4

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 12:48:46PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Matthias Papesch writes:
>
> > Now I am looking for somebody to have a look at the package and help
> > me get it into proper shape for uploading.
>
> I'd be happy to take a look at the package and sponsor the upload.

BTW, on a somewhat related topic, i am planning to maintain a java
written program also, but am asking myself how this can be done in
debian, especially since there don't seem to be a complete java suite
available in main, and even the ones in non-free seem to be quite
outdated (last time i looked, which is already some time ago).

Is it ok to upload such a package to contrib, and use the jdk available
elsewhere, or should i try to build it with java tools available in main
(it uses swing and threads among other stuff).

Friendly

Sven Luther