handling file name conflict

Hello,

I'm working on packaging pyro (http://pyro.sf.net), which is a
distributed obvject framework for Python. The directory service
daemon for pyro is called 'ns' (NamingService) which is quite
unfortunate because /usr/bin/ns is a file in the very useful host
package.

I've talked about this with the author, suggesting a name change
for the executable, and he seems to be willing to keep the name,
and to warn of the risk during the default setup.

The options I can see are:

 * having pyro and host conflict (but this annoys me since I need both
 packages on my machine)
 * renaming pyro's ns to, say 'pyro_ns', and changing all instances of
 'ns' to 'pyro_ns' in the documentation and other programs
 * installing pyro's ns to another place than /usr/bin (without violating
 the Policy?)
 * insisting heavily on the author so that he changes the name

What would be considered the best way to handle this ?

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).