Library package naming

Hello,

I have packaged libijs for Debian, but I'm not certain what package
names to use.  I can't see a clear answer from Debian Policy or
current practice in Debian.

For shared libraries, I would use libijs{n} and libijs-dev, but ijs
does not yet have a stable ABI, and is not versioned properly as well
as being tiny, so I have just packaged it as a static library.

Would 'ijs-dev' be legal (as in publib-dev), or should I use
'libijs-dev' (or is this for shared libs only?).

Thanks,
Roger

--
Roger Leigh