Re: E: foo source: debian-files-list-in-source

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 11:02:33AM +0200, Sebastian Muszynski wrote:

> Am Samstag, 4. Mai 2002 10:45 schrieb Jamie Wilkinson:
> > If you make debian/rules clean remove "files", then it won't matter that
> > it's in the upstream source -- then you can make a lintian override for
> > that error.
>
> Okay. "debian/rules clean" remove files..  so I would write a lintian
> override. Thanks!

A lintian override would be inappropriate here.  That file should not be
present in the orig source or in the source + debian diff.

Lintian overrides are for cases where lintian is correctly detecting the
situation, but due to circumstances the situation is not an error.  You
should not use lintian overrides to hide genuine errors, but let them be
detected as a reminder to fix them.

--
 - mdz