libtool problems during "make install"

Hi!

I'm currently trying to package the "Rhino Administrative Infrastructure"
aka sysadm-base from sgi. It is the base for sgi's ha solution "failsafe".

Now I'm stuck :-( Two problems are left:

1) There's some java "out of memory" message when building the first
    time. The error is gone after you start make a second time. Since I'm
    no java expert (and the build machine has really enough memory) I
    have no idea how to fix this problem.

    See: http://lug.mfh-iserlohn.de/stuff/build.log

2) As said, the make completes the second time, and everything
    seems to be fine. When "make install" is on the way, it removes
    the shared libraries (built by make) and tries to relink them. Due
    to an incorrect rpath it doesn't seem to get the libs right and only
    builds one of them. The others depend on this one.
    First there where non absolute paths in rpath, so I changed
    ./configure to `pwd`/configure in debian/rules, but this didn't help.

    See: http://lug.mfh-iserlohn.de/stuff/build-2.log

    Look for the first occurence of "cannot find -lsysadmUtil" there.

There's a test-tarball of what I did till now at
http://lug.mfh-iserlohn.de/stuff/sysadm-base.tgz.
It's not perfect, since the *.files are not 100% correct yet, I'd like to
fix the build problems first.

Any hints, ideas, whatever?

Thanks,
-Cajus