Re: Changing include directory

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 02:07:48PM -0300, Leo Costela wrote:
> I got a simple problem for anyone willing to help...
> I'm trying to pack a lib that insists in putting the -dev headers in
> /usr/include/<lib-name>/<lib-name>/<files>
> I suppose it should be only
> /usr/include/<lib-name>/<files>
>
> how can I change that ? I tried fidling with debian/rules and the
> Makefile, but got nowhere.
>
> The main problem is that the -dev package, contains <lib-name>-config,
> to calculate build flags, and it's pointing the wrong way...
> it's actually pointing to /usr/local/include/<lib-name>

It sounds like you may have a configure file there.  It really depends
on what sort of configure file you got as there are many and sometimes
the options are smiliar but use different keywords.

Look for something like <lib-name>-config.in to see what the variables
are called, you might see things like HEADER_DIRECTORY or similar.  Then
look at the configure script to see if there is some flag you can use to
shift it.

Perhaps it could be as simple as
./configure --includedir=\$${prefix}/include/<lib-name>

on debian/rules (I think I got the escapes right)

 - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>