Re: Wierd bug report: /usr/share/.. = / ???

David Caldwell wrote:

I think it means you should fsck your disk. Possibly the '..' in /usr/share is pointing to the wrong directory (/ instead of /usr). What happens when you 'cd ..' repeatedly out to root? Does it skip /usr?

I'm very sorry, I discovered this afternoon that the problem is that /usr/share is a symlink on that system. My mistake. I'm so ashamed.

There must be some symlink in the bug reporter's system too, because installing my package on another machine resulted in perfectly good symlinks.

Sorry to trouble you all,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>