Re: Package names case sensitive?

martin f krafft wrote:

> no, and it would be horrible because there's no intuitive difference
> between jack and JACK that can relate to the difference between the
> two pieces of software. a package name is supposed to give a real
> clue, and i wouldn't know what the difference between jack and JACK
> are...

Ok, I already thought so, just wanted to be sure...

> why not name it jackit since that's apparently the project name on
> sourceforge?

This is my current way to do it. It's only the 2nd best alternative for
the upstream author, who would prefer jack-audio-connection-kit. A bit
long, I think... JACK in uppercase latters was another proposal from
another guy on the jackit-devel mailing list.

regards,

--
Wanna listen to my music? <------
----> http://www.shockfrosted.org