Re: New package

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 01:56:43AM +0100, Manfred Wassmann wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:

> > > man at ?
> >
> > at has no status display,
>
> atq?

I know how to use at.  The issue is that at does not do what I want, at
least not with a convenient interface.  You cannot see from a glance
at atq's output how much time remains until each event is to occur.

at would make a fine backend for a full-featured reminder tool, but it is
not one.

> > and doesn't understand any unit smaller than 1 minute.
>
> what about sleep 42 && do nice work ?

No status display.  And don't say "ps".

And yes, I could write a script to do some of this.  But a real UI would be
superior.

--
 - mdz