Problems with debconf files

     I am trying to add a debconf note to dict-web1913 to warn of a
mis-configuration that will prevent dictd from running.

     I have the files dict-web1913.config  dict-web1913.templates in
../debian.  After running debuild, these files, and control, are in
../debian/dict-web1939/DEBIAN.

     However, when the package is installed, var/lib/dpkg/info
contains:
   /var/lib/dpkg/info/dict-web1913.dict-web1913.templates
   /var/lib/dpkg/info/dict-web1913.list
dict-web1913.config does not appear in var/lib/dpkg/info, so,
obviously, debconf doesn't run.

     Lintian reports:
internal error: cannot open unpacked/debian/ directory: No such file or director
internal error: collect info debfiles about package dict-gcide: 256
N: Skipping check of source package dict-gcide
E: dict-web1913: unknown-control-file dict-web1913.config
E: dict-web1913: unknown-control-file dict-web1913.templates
E: dict-web1913: no-copyright-file
W: dict-web1913: prerm-does-not-remove-usr-doc-link
W: dict-web1913: postinst-does-not-set-usr-doc-link

     The last three items are because dict-web1913 is a dummy package
that contains no files, so I can ignore them.  Are the
"unknown-control-file" errors normal for lintian files?

     Are the "internal error:" messages due to a lintian problem, or
are they an indication of something wrong in my package?

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard      <hilliard@debian.org>