Question about making architecture-independent fonts package

Hello everyone.

I'm making a debian package containing some 34 fonts I've made over the past five years. I have successfully created a package which installs and works, by following the instructions in the "Debian New Maintainers Guide."

I am modeling my package on the "sharefont" package.

I have a specific question:

I have specified the architecture "any" in the control file, and this is the correct choice for fonts.

When I build the package using dpkg-buildpackage, it gives the message:

dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is i386

And the final deb has i386 in the name:

matttsfonts_0.1-1_i386.deb

Is this a problem? Should I ignore it? Will users on non-i386 be able to install this package?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

TIA,

matt

The package can be found at http://www.theory.org/~strthrwr/fonts/download/matttsfonts_0.1-1_i386.deb