Re: /etc/ld.so.preload handling in package maintainer scripts?

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:11:58 -0600, Steve Langasek
<vorlon@netexpress.net> wrote:
>On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 10:01:24PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
>> That's the intent. Package for internal use only.
>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/snoopylogger/.
>
>The maintainer script snippits that you provided seem correct to me.  If
>this is only for internal use, then I see no problems.

Okay, then I will try to actually implement it, time permitting.

I could believe that snoopy could be useful in Debian too. What should
be done to deliver a policy-compliant snoopy package? The Debian
package would have a debconf question whether to install the lib into
/etc/ld.so.preload, and it would display a prominent warning to never
ever manually remove the lib without removing it from ld.so.preload
first. What else should be done for the Debian package?

Greetings
Marc