Re: shlibs explaination

Even with a debian/shlibs.local file (which I expect to be unnecessary),
I get the same error:

# cat debian/shlibs.local
libgphoto2 0 gphoto2
libgphoto2_port 0 gphoto2
# dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/gphoto2.substvars -dDepends debian/gphoto2/usr/bin/gphoto2
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find path for libgphoto2.so.0
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find path for libgphoto2_port.so.0

Christophe

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 06:04:25PM -0500, christophe barbé wrote:

> I need some explanations on how to use correctly shlibs.
>
> I have a package which produces
>    libgphoto2.so.0
>    libgphoto2_port.so.0
>
> This package also includes a binary which uses these libraries.
>
> After running dh_makeshlibs, I can see in debian/gphoto2/DEBIAN/shlibs
> libgphoto2_port 0 gphoto2
> libgphoto2 0 gphoto2
>
> In debian/rules, when I do dh_shlibdeps I get the following errors:
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find path for libgphoto2.so.0
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find path for libgphoto2_port.so.0
>
> Isn't dh_shlibdeps aware of the libs provided by the package being
> built?
>
> What I've missed ?
>
> Christophe
>
> --
> Christophe Barbé <christophe.barbe@ufies.org>
> GnuPG FingerPrint: E0F6 FADF 2A5C F072 6AF8  F67A 8F45 2F1E D72C B41E
>
> There's no sense in being precise when you don't even know what you're
> talking about. -- John von Neumann

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good
many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
--Joseph Wood Krutch