Re: including full source code in upload

Christophe,

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 11:49:49AM -0500, christophe barbé wrote:
> I'm trying to build a clean gphoto2 package which has been orphaned and
> that I intend to become a maintener for.

> There are two remaining (known) problems during the package build.

> First I would like to avoid uploading full source but I miss something
> to generate the diff file.

> I've the upstream original tarball on the base directory :
>    gphoto-2.0beta3.tar.gz
> Note that the upstream is 'gphoto' without '2' but the debian package
> name is 'gphoto2'
> The source tree is in
>    gphoto2-2.0beta3/

> But when I build I get
> dpkg-genchanges: warning: missing Section for source files
> dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload
> dpkg-buildpackage: full upload; Debian-native package (full source is included)

If it reports as a Debian-native package, you probably need to check how
the package versions are written in debian/changelog.

Incidentally, why is the source package called 'gphoto2'?  I see that
there is still a 'gphoto' package in Debian; is that not superseded by
gphoto 2.0?  Are there reasons that someone would need both gphoto and
gphoto2 installed on their system, or why some people need one and
others need the other?

> Other problem, I got the following message :
> dh_gencontrol -pgphoto2
> dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}

You probably are missing a call to dh_shlibdeps somewhere above the call
to dh_gencontrol.

Cheers,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer