Re: Include bison-generated files in package?

Brett Cundal <bcundal@cundal.net> cum veritate scripsit:

> So, what's wrong with this picture? Should I build-depend on bison and
> generate the file in the build target, or should I modify the makefile
> to not delete the generated file? Both seem ugly to me. Is there
> something else I should do?

I'd recommend build depending on bison, and building it.
Having intermediate files included in the distribution is rather wrong,
and I think the preferred source format for editing is the bison
source, not the bison-generated source.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4