Conditional use of debconf

     I would like to use debconf to present a message to the admin
when a package is installed, but only if certain text does not
appear in a config file.

     Without debconf, I could use code something like this in the
[post|pre]inst:

     if !grep -q include /etc/dictd.conf
       then
       [Display message]
     fi

     I can't find anything in the debconf documentation or the command
available in /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/debconf_specification.txt.gz
that would permit this type of conditional display of a message.  Is
there something in the debconf documentation that I'm missing?

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard      <hilliard@debian.org>