Looking for a `light' library deb in order to serve as an example.

  Can you recommend a `light' library package that is already packaged
for debian in order to be used as an example for packaging a library?
By `light' I mean a small and straightforward library, without hardware
dependencies or other complications.
  The reason is that I consider to package fribidi.
http://fribidi.sourceforge.net if you are interested. I haven't
announced an ITP because I am doing a preliminary research for packaging
it and therefore I believe it is too early for an ITP. However do let me
know in case you are aware of reasons why I don't want to package it.
Licensing issues are not a problem here because it is LGPL-2.1. Yet
perhaps someone else is working on it or maybe there are other subtle
reasons?
--

    Shaul Karl, shaulka@bezeqint.n e t