Re: RFS: autossh - Automatically restart SSH sessions and tunnels

also sprach Filippo Giunchedi <filippo@esaurito.net> [2002.12.24.1358 +0100]:
> i've just packaged a small but useful program, autossh. I didn't
> file an ITP since packaging autossh took me only half an hour to
> complete.

That's not a reason not to file an ITP.

> Name: autossh
>  autossh is a program to start a copy of ssh and monitor it, restarting it as
>  necessary should it die or stop passing traffic. The idea is from rstunnel
>  (Reliable SSH Tunnel), but implemented in C. Connection monitoring is done
>  using a loop of port forwardings. Backs off on rate of connection attempts
>  when experiencing rapid failures such as connection refused.

Wouldn't this be better done with a package like runit or the like?

Whatever, will you give me a URL where I can download the .diff.gz
file that was created during the package creation? I'll sponsor you.

--
Please do not CC me! Mutt (www.mutt.org) can handle this automatically.

`. `'`

NOTE: The pgp.net keyservers and their mirrors are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc