Re: uploading to stable

---------- Initial Header -----------

>From      : Ola Lundqvist <ola@opal.dhs.org>
To          : debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
Cc          :
Date      : Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:53:19 +0100
Subject : Re: uploading to stable

Chaumat wrote:

> [...]
stable-proposed-update.

> > > Why do you say that you NEED to upload such a version to
> > > stable-proposed-updates?  Do you understand that, even
if it is accepted
> > > by the archive software, such a version jump will not
be accepted by the
> > > stable release manager?
> >
> > Because replicator's version is supposed to match the
debian's version
> > it is build for :
> >
> >  replicator 2.1  can replicate debian 2.1,2.2
> >  replicator 3.0 can replicate debian 3.0
>
> Well... This is not a very critical bug...

Of course not! 3.0 closes 1 critical bug ("replicator 2.1
was set up for potato"))+ 2 importants bugs + some other
bugs not in the BTS...

I don't mind the version number, but since I had to increase
it, I prefer to reflect the potato->woody transition.

> > But how to deal with changelog then? Does that mean I
must keep an old 3.0
> > version around to upload it to stable when 3.0-2 will
hit testing?

> Yes. It the version number really that important?

No. Bug correction is what matter. Version numbering is
cosmetic but I had to choose. And as 1/4 of the code was
changed to set up replicator for woody (i.e to close the
critical bug), this deserves an increase in the major number.

btw should I write a special kind of explanation for the
release manager? how?

Thanks,

> Regards,

Cheers,

SEb

SPECIAL ADSL
L'ADSL Tiscali est à partir de 15,95 EUR/mois ! Plus modem ADSL et frais d'activation gratuits !
Pour profiter de cette offre, cliquez ici: http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/
Offre soumise à conditions.