Package gets only installed successfully the second time around

Hi,

I got a strange problem in here - I am finishing (I hope ;-) ) making a
package. Mostly everything works smoothly - I stumbled, however, across
this strange problem: When I first install this package, postinst gets
processed correctly (I have verified everything in there works, up to the
final 'exit 0'). If the package was already installed in the system, dpkg
does its work and finishes correctly. However, if the package was not
previously installed, dpkg gets stuck somewhere. It is not looping (CPU
usage remains at 0%), but it sits waiting for something to happen. If I
interrupt it, of course:

Unpacking tutos-php (from tutos-php_1.0.20021113-1_all.deb) ...
Setting up tutos-php (1.0.20021113-1) ...
dpkg: error processing tutos-php (--install):
 subprocess post-installation script killed by signal (Interrupt)
 tutos-php

The package stays in a failed-config state:

# dpkg -l tutos-php
uppercase=bad)
iF  tutos-php      1.0.20021113-1 PHP-based tool to manage the organization of

Now, if I install it again just afterwards, debconf asks me again the
configuration questions, and it gets installed correctly.

I am sure this problem happens after exiting debconf - but I cannot find
the exact cause for this. Am I missing something obvious?

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@campus.iztacala.unam.mx - (+52-55)5623-1118
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23