installing a new apache Alias

Hello everyone

A package I'm working on provides a web administration interface (using
libapache-mod-python). I install the files in /usr/lib/package-name/web,
and I would like to know if there's a prefered way to add this
directory as an Alias in /etc/apache/httpd.conf?

Is something along the line of
-----------------8<---------------------
/etc/init.d/apache stop
echo -e "\nAlias package-admin /usr/lib/package-name/web\n" >> \
     /etc/apache/httpd.conf
# some <Location> info skipped for simplicity
/etc/init.d/apache start
in the postinst script would be considered OK?

The prerm script would use grep -v to remove lines with package-name
from httpd.conf.

I'm not an Apache guru, and any help (or documentation pointer) is
very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

--
Alexandre Fayolle