Re: the developer in me

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 01:24, andrej hocevar wrote:
> if I understood it correctly, this is the place to get started,
> right? A short while ago, I wrote a ppp-monitoring program in Perl,
> which I consider to be of good value. As far as I'm concerned, I use
> it every day. I also know of the "pppstatus" package but it lacks
> some functionality I would need. On the other hand, I don't consider

Why not add some functionality to pppstats?  If you have any patches for pppd
then you can send them as a bug report for the current version, or send them
to me if they are for the next version (I have CVS write access).

If the script is something that doesn't belong as part of pppstats then
probably the best thing to do is have it as part of the ppp package, I can
arrange that too.

> However, I was thinking about uploading it to the archive and
> sharing it with others. I've also packaged it.

If it's just one small package then it's best to have it as part of the ppp
package IMHO.