Re: Looking for a Sponsor

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Shiju p. Nair wrote:

> 	Just noticed it. I somehow got false information that its not possible
> to ITP a package without first getting a sponsor. So I packaged phpbb and sent

Anyone can file a bug; an ITP or RFP is no different in that regard.  It's a
little haphazard filing an ITP without any known means of getting the
resulting package into the archive, but I guess if you make a note that you
have no prior sponsor, if a DD checks for a pre-existing ITP and finds
yours, you'd probably have your sponsor.  <g>

- Matt