File a bug against my own package?

While testing a patch from upstream to fix a bug in my libxmltv-perl
package, I discovered another bug related to the package version
for libhtml-tableextract-perl (one XMLTV script requires 1.08, the
Debian version of the package is 1.06-2).  I've filed a bug against
libhtml-tableextract-perl requesting that the new upstream version be
packaged.

Should I file a bug against my own package to report the related
problem, that libxmltv-perl should depend on libhtml-tableextract-perl
(>=1.08-1), or should I just track this on my own?  I'm thinking it
would be nice to have a changelog entry:

   * Changed to depend on libhtml-tableextract-perl >=1.08 (closes: #nnn)

but I'm not sure this is appropriate.

Thanks!

KEN

--