kernel module package and --revision ???

Hello, ...

I have packaged the unicorn driver for the Bewan ADSL PCI st and USB
modems. There are still some licencing issues which will be solved in
the next upstream release, but basically the package is ready.

In the meantime, i will make it available in a separate apt-gettable
repository.

Still there are two issues i still have problems with :

  1) alsa-source puts the built alsa-module in the parent directory of
  the kernel source tree, together with the kernel-image. I was not able
  to have the same behavior, i use the rules provided by dh_make, and
  they say that make-kpkg is supposed to provide a valid MODDIR, but
  this does not seem to be the case. I solved this issue by forcing
  MODDIR=$(KSRC)/.. but i guess this is not the nicest solution.

  2) i am able to build alsa-source as a simple user, having placed
  root_cmd in the /etc/kernel-pkg.conf to fakeroot. This does not work
  with unicorn-source, which needs to be root (with sudo). I tried
  looking into the alsa-source code, but it is a huge and complex stuff,
  and i am a bit lost.

Thanks for your help,

Friendly,

Sven Luther