Re: adopting a package

Andreas Klein <klein@mathematik.uni-kassel.de> writes:

> 1. Where can I find the old-version of the package. (Since I want to
> adopt an existing package I think I can skip the steps descriped in the
> sections 3-6 in the "Debian New Maintainers' Guide" and start with section
> 9.)

apt-get source PACKAGE
Or look into the pool.

> 2. I can not use the programs dupload or dput for uploading the package.
> (My my debian-PC has no internet connection.) So I need a guide to: How to
> upload a package manually.

Looking at db.debian.org you are no DD. So you cant upload. You have to
ask for a sponsor that looks at your package and then uploads it.

If you are and my search failed: Use scp to auric and move them into
the incoming and be sure to give katie the rights to read the files. :)

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!