Re: New gnometab to lookup

Joachim Breitner <debian@joachim-breitner.de> writes:

> Can someone tell me if it is ok if config.sub and config.guess appears
> in the .diff.gz, and if not how I get rid of them?

You can have whatever you want in your .diff.gz (it's your diff, you
call the shots!).  I think the real question is, do /you/ want them in
your diff.  If not, edit debian/rules to stop it copying them.  If
it's copying them to the wrong location (e.g. you want them in a
subdir), then fix that in debian/rules.

I have this in the gimp-print rules file (in the clean rule):

        -test -r /usr/share/misc/config.sub && \
          cp -f /usr/share/misc/config.sub scripts/config.sub
        -test -r /usr/share/misc/config.guess && \
          cp -f /usr/share/misc/config.guess scripts/config.guess

You should probably Build-Depend on autotools-dev if you do this, but
I don't because it won't break if it's not installed (and the .diff.gz
will contain the files anyway, making it redundant) because of the
conditionals.

--
Roger Leigh
                "Liberty and Livelihood" - Support the Countryside Alliance