Re: Debhelper files w/ meta values

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 05:15:11PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:59:20 -0600
> "Joel Baker" <lucifer@lightbearer.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to specify the following in a Debhelper file (such as
> > <package>.dirs or <package>.links)?
> >
> > usr/include/$(SHELLVARIABLE)/foo.h
>
> Why bother using debhelper at all ?
>
> You can use variables in debian/rules all right.

Er. Because it's helpful? Being able to do dh_installdirs, dh_installlinks,
dh_install (etc) and have the lists in sane files of only that is far
easier to manage than listing them all in debian/rules, or even included
rules files?

At this point, I've punted and gone with m4, though. It's just easier.
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/