Re: packages which can be arch: all and arch: any ...

Hi,

Sven Luther:
> In case i submit a patch or something such, should i discuss things
> first, or just go ahead and implement it ?

Probably talk about it first... though frankly I don't see a different way
of implementing what you want, and the feature would be nice. (I got
bitten by it recently, too -- some packe depended on another package which
depended on "some" HTTP server ;-)

> BTW, do you think apt-get (in its current incarnation) will choose a
> true package in priority over a virtual one ?

If my guess is true and it grabs the first one it finds in the package
list (I haven't checked the source -- no time :-/ ), that may well be a
virtual package.

You should probably ask the maintainer(s).

--
Matthias Urlichs     |     noris network AG     |     http://smurf.noris.de/