Re: Python scrips and deps

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 01:02:12PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> "doclifter was written under Python 2.2a1.  It will not work under
> Python 1.5.2, and may not work under 2.1.  Upgrade, it will be good for
> you."

IMO this means that RMS had used some features that aren't available in
versions earlier than 2.2.
Now that standard python version in debian is 2.2, you can safely
depends on python >= 2.2 and python << 2.3, or even better if the app is
fully python on python and nothing more.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro