Re: Multiple compile of source (ie, different configure lines for each package)

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 07:33, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
[...]
> The key point was that there was no second point 1 (Touching file1-stamp).
> Since the 'file1-stamp' file where removed, I had expected 'make' to
> re-create it! It doesn't...
>
> Any one have any idea?

make only looks at the file system *once*. So it sees that file1-stamp
doesn't exist, and runs the rule to create it. It will then assume that
file1-stamp will *continue* to exist. This has bitten me several times.

Personally, I'd be inclined to go for the easy solution: duplicate the
source tree three times, once for each configuration. Using symlink
trees this won't use much more disk space (apart from the object files),
and dependencies will keep working (although they're not used much in
Debian).

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ Did you hear about the hard-working but ill sage
+- www.cowlark.com --+ halitosis.