Re: Help!! Can't sign package: secret key not available

Hello all,

I finally managed to sign my package, by specifying the keyid on the
command-line to dpkg-buildpackage (with the -k option).  However, I am
still at a loss to explain why I needed to specify it explicitly... As
you can see below, gpg _can_ find the secret key, but dpkg seems to be
unable to... Should I file a bug against dpkg??

Anyways, thanks to everyone who responded to my pleas for help!

Joe Nahmias

joe@a750:/usr/local/src/fceu-0.81 $ dpkg-parsechangelog | sed -n 's/^Maintainer:  //p'
Joe Nahmias <joe@nahmias.net>

joe@a750:/usr/local/src/fceu-0.81 $ gpg --list-secret-keys $(dpkg-parsechangelog | sed -n 's/^Maintainer:  //p')
sec  1024D/E61612A5 2002-09-13 Joseph Nahmias <joe@nahmias.net>
ssb  2048g/1870C37C 2002-09-13

joe@a750:/usr/local/src/fceu-0.81 $ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
[snip]
dpkg-deb: building package `fceu' in `../fceu_0.81-1_i386.deb'.
 signfile fceu_0.81-1.dsc
gpg: skipped `Joe Nahmias <joe@nahmias.net>': secret key not available
gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: secret key not available