Re: Help!! Can't sign package: secret key not available

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 10:22:00AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Duncan Findlay <duncf@rogers.com> [2002.09.14.0608 +0200]:
> > to your ~/.bashrc or ~/.bash_profile (or equivalent). That way, dch
> > will get your name right and you won't have to pass -k to
> > dpkg-buildpackage.
>
> yes you do have to pass -k:
>
> fishbowl:..ebian/build/e2recover> env | grep ^DEB
> DEBMAIL=madduck@debian.org
  ^^^^^^^

DEBEMAIL is what many programs use.

Anyway, see the debsign(1) man page for a way to set -k permanently. Of
course, if you mean to build and sign in one step, then you'll need to
use debuild rather than dpkg-buildpackage: debsign is in devscripts and
so not called by programs in dpkg-dev.

> Looks like a bug to me.

Nothing I can find documents either DEBEMAIL or DEBFULLNAME for use by
either dpkg-buildpackage or debsign, so I don't see why it's a bug.