Re: Help!! Can't sign package: secret key not available

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 06:48:27PM -0400, Joe Nahmias wrote:
> > The Maintainer: field in debian/control probably doesn't match with
> > the UID on your GPG key.  What does 'gpg --list-secret-keys' say?

> Also, I just tried changing debian/control to read:
>
> Maintainer: Joseph Nahmias <joe@nahmias.net>
>
> still no dice...
>
> Thanks for your assistance!

I believe that the key is chosen from the name in debian/changelog.

It is best to add
export DEBFULLNAME="Joseph Nahmias" and
export DEBEMAIL="joe@nahmias.net"
to your ~/.bashrc or ~/.bash_profile (or equivalent). That way, dch
will get your name right and you won't have to pass -k to
dpkg-buildpackage.

--
Duncan Findlay