Re: Rejected upload -- adacgi

On Sat, 2002-08-31 at 17:22, Phil Brooke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have had a package (adacgi) rejected, with a message that the .deb has
> files with `time stamp too ancient'.
>
> There are some files in the upstream tarball with a 1980 timestamp.  I
> have two (broad) questions:

Ouch someone's clock is very very wrong :(

> - What is the best way to avoid this timestamp problem?  Simply touch the
>   files in DEBIAN/tmp-<packagename> during package build?

Yes. If its that the files in the binary package are too old that would
be fine. But maybe touch them before they get moved to the install
location, in the build tree instead.

If its that files in the orig.tar.gz are too old you will have to break
pristine source and repackage.

> - There are now files in /org/ftp.debian.org/incoming/REJECT.  Should I
>   bump the debian version from -1 to -2 (since dupload complains that -1
>   is already there)?  Should I delete the files in the REJECT directory by
>   hand or will they be reaped?  (Don't really want to leave things messy.)

Remove these and upload with -1. Should work i expect.

Regards,

Rob
--
Rob 'robster' Bradford