Re: help with lintian issues

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 12:40:06PM -0400, Joe Phillips wrote:
> W: libopensc0: package-relation-with-self depends: libopensc0 (>=
> 0.7.0-1isg)
> E: libopensc0: shlib-missing-in-control-file libscam.so
> usr/lib/libscam.so
>
> I'm not sure the root cause of these errors so here's some relevant
> info.
>
> I've created both shlibs.local and package specific shlibs file with no
> effect.  If I remove them, I get more lintian errors.

Can you paste the contents of your debian/shlibs.local?

> libscam.so isn't built with a SONAME or version, the other libraries
> are.

libscan.so is either not a shared library, or a broken shared library, then.

If the former, move it out of /usr/lib and into a private directory like
/usr/lib/something. If the latter, fix it by specifying the SONAME.

> What control file is referred to in the second error message?

The file that gets installed into /var/lib/dpkg/info/libwhateverX.shlibs,
I'd guess. Anyway, don't bother figuring out the terse lintian output, only
the verbose one, with -i.

> I'm guessing in order to resolve the warning, I need to break the
> libopensc0 package into 4, one for each library.

Not necessarily, but if you think that's right, go for it...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.