Re: Orig tarball naming

Marc Haber <mh+debian-mentors@zugschlus.de> writes:

> I am wondering how cvs-buildpackage fits into this. From what I
> understand, cvs-inject checks in the unpacked upstream tarball into
> the CVS, puts an upstream_version tag on it. cvs-buildpackage then
> creates the orig.tar.gz from the CVS sources. Isn't that a violation
> of the pristine sources principle?

Wrong. Only if maintainer makes errors. Copy the orig.tar.gz in the
Packages/foo directory and it will not rebuilt. cvs-buildpackage does a
cvs export and then calls dpkg-buildpackage. From that on its the same
as if you dont use cvs.

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!