Re: lintian warning - ?

Stephen> Hello all, I am making a .deb of a program, in this case
Stephen> kcdlabel, and I'm getting the following warning from lintian:
Stephen> W: kcdlabel: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./usr/bin/kcdlabel
Stephen> /usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib

Stephen> I don't know enough about the fundamentals of coding to know
Stephen> what it means, much less how to fix it.  In looking at the
Stephen> rest of it, it appears that it is a problem in the upstream
Stephen> code, rather than the packaging.  Am I correct in thinking
Stephen> this?

Yes.  Most likely, upstream uses GNU libtool to build a shared
library, and libtool has this annoying habit.  It has been discussed
many times; a search in the archive for "libtool" should lead other
maintainers' ways of dealing with it.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087