Re: Debconf questions and purge

Le Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 12:23:07PM -0400, Joey Hess écrivait:
> >   A same kind of problem is likely to happen for the conffiles and other
> >   non-conffiles configuration files that I move from wwsympa to sympa
> >   and that are been removed in wwsympa postrm.
>
> I'm afraid you're on your own there; dpkg does not deal with shared
> conffiles well when the older package is removed I think it removes the
> conffile.

I'm not sure but if sympa has the "Replaces: wwsympa" then the file
should be owned by sympa and not wwsympa, so when purging wwsympa, the
configuration file should be kept.

Of course, if wwsympa is purged before installing sympa, then you lost
the file. And if you add a conflict, then wwsympa will be simply
removed (and not purged) by apt ...

Cheers,