Re: request for package review - serel

In article <3D48F029.C7D3A981@moniker.net> Leni Mayo <leni@moniker.net> wrote:
[...]
> As this is the first release on debian, I'd be grateful if someone
> with more packaging experience than myself could take a look at it,
> especially since the installation process patches /etc/init.d/rc.
> The .deb is at: http://www.fastboot.org/download/binaries/debian/
[...]

Hello!
* lintian serel_0.3.4-1.dsc
  W: serel source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.0.1
  E: serel source: package-uses-debhelper-but-lacks-build-depends

* Is this really a debian-native package, i.e. is serel debian-only?
  If not (and I think so), use the real upstream source and keep the
  debian-part in the diff.gz.
  wget http://www.fastboot.org/download/sources/serel-0.3.4.tar.gz
  mv serel-0.3.4.tar.gz serel_0.3.4.orig.tar.gz
  cd serel-0.3.4
  dpkg-buildpackage -sd -rfakeroot -S -uc -us

* dh_suidregister is depreceated.

just my 2 cents.
                   cu andreas