Re: developer vs user wants

Just to follow up, I talked to my upstream contact at limewire and he
was very understanding.

----- Forwarded message from Greg Bildson <gbildson@limepeer.com> -----

From: "Greg Bildson" <gbildson@limepeer.com>
To: "Michael Cardenas" <michael.cardenas@lindows.com>
Subject: RE: building limewire

Fine.  Loose the ads.

Thanks
-greg

-----Original Message-----
From: michael cardenas [mailto:mbc@rilke]On Behalf Of Michael Cardenas
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 5:32 AM
To: Greg Bildson

I figured out the clean, thanks.

Actually, ads.war isn't in cvs. I would like to ask you to consider
that debian users are not just users, most of them are developers. So,
by making this package available to people without ads, you will be
making a great impression on the developer community and may get lots
of free development and new traffic going to lw.org.

If you want me to include the ads, I will, but as debian usres are
going to hate it, and submit bugs against it, I'm going to make it a
run time option. My plan is to add an item in options or to make a
menu item.

I don't want to be confrontational at all, or give you the impression
that the community doesn't appreciate your use of the gpl, but the
user community won't want to see ads in software with code freely
available, and they will expect me to remove them.

thanks

  michael

--
michael cardenas