Re: new debs, itp process

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 03:41:46AM -0700, Michael Cardenas wrote:
> I would just like to ask if anyone would be interested in looking at
> my debs and checking them out. The only warning I get from lintian is
> executable-not-elf-or-script for a bunch of gifs and java classes in
> the limewire deb. I'm not sure how important that is though.

Java classes can be executed directly via Linux's binfmt_misc support,
so I would say this is a bug in lintian.  The gifs, however, should have
the execute bit removed before shipping.  The larger problem this error
usually points to is that the packager hasn't reviewed the file
locations and permissions in the binary package, to ensure that they all
comply with policy.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer