Re: Orphan Packages

Hi Tom,

Tom Miller wrote:
> developer post a package to have someone sponser it. If I were to do this,
> however one of the packages I wanted sponsered was Orphaned, would the
> process be any different. I mean this on multiple levels, for example the
> files in debian/ like control, copyright, and changelog, how would the credit
> be placed, would I add my name to the list, or take the previous persons name
> off? Additionally, should i submit a response to the Orphan message in the

changelog: All now coming entrys with your name in the "foot", leave
the others as they were

control: Your Name

copyright: You may put some credit to the old maintainer in there...

> WNPP list even though I'm not a developer? Would it get sponsered the same

You should. You should response to the appropriate Bug in WNPP and close it
when you upload the new package -- the best way is to write

* new maintainer (closes: #Bugnr)

in the changelog, then everyone knows you are the new maintainer and
the bug in WNPP is closed.

> way?

There's no difference.

Regards,

Rene (who also isn't a DD yet, wating for DAM approval and get account
created)

--
Rene Engelhard
eMail: rene@rene-engelhard.de